7.06.2010

A Year of Memories_Extended Weekends

A big part of the NCSSM life is the time spent away from the school, extended weekends. Extendeds happen about every 3 weeks and it is an extended weekend, meaning we get one extra day in our weekend to go home. Every time I got back from an extended the count down to the next extended would begin. And for me, if there was an extended that week, I had an overflow of energy just because I was excited to go home.

Although I loved the weekend with my new friends at NCSSM, family and friends time is always needed. Whenever I came back for the extended weekends, I would either go to a basketball game, go out for movies and ice cream, or just go out to dinner.
Before my first extended I was very nervous that something would be awkward with my friends because I hadn’t seen them in a while. But I’m glad I was proved wrong. When I got back from school I had just enough time to go to the last half of a home football game. I was greeted by my friends and many hugs. I then knew that my friends had not forgotten about me and that we were still best friends. After the game I went to the dance and we all forgot that I now went to a different school. My friends and I got to talk about everything and they constantly asked me for more and more stories about my new school.

After my first extended, I was always excited to go back and see my friends again. Some extendeds I went to watch a movie with my friends, and some weekends they would just come over and talk about every aspect of life. No matter what we did, the fact that I lived 5 hours away was always forgotten. Whenever I came back to school after the extended, I was always thankful for my friends and parents for always being there for me.

Extended weekends. Always too far away, and always too short, but always needed. I cannot even put into words how much excitement extends bring to me, but I know that everyone who has been through NCSSM knows the extended weekend feeling.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to say anything about your NCSSM experience. I want to know! But also keep in mind that any inappropriate comments will be deleted.