12.25.2009

So little time!

The first couple weeks at NCSSM were the hardest for me because I had to get used to so many things at once. I had to take care of myself, make friends, adjust to the school work, and so many other things that I felt like I had been thrown into some crazy circus act. During these first weeks, I learned how important time management is. I was always busy at my home school with cheerleading, clubs, schoolwork, violin, dance, and so on. But NCSSM had a different definition of busy in store. NCSSM busy meant learning how to allot a day’s time to get the most out of it. With everyday having a different class schedule and each day a different meeting, I had to quickly learn how to spend my day so I wouldn’t be up till 4 every night doing my homework. I learned how to use every minute of my spare time and how to quickly focus.

Although I’m still perfecting my time management skills, I’m glad I learned the greater majority this early. Time management is a skill that everyone needs to have and I’m hoping learning about it in high school will help me in college and further in life.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to say anything about your NCSSM experience. I want to know! But also keep in mind that any inappropriate comments will be deleted.